Monday, March 2, 2009

Welcome to Folk Roots/Folk Branches

Welcome to Folk Roots/Folk Branches. Folk Roots/Folk Branches was the weekly radio show I hosted on CKUT in Montreal from 1994-2007 on Thursday mornings. The focus of the show was on “music rooted in or branching out from some sort of folk tradition. I gave up the show when I accepted an editor’s job in Ottawa (although my schedule sometimes varies, I’m usually in Montreal on weekends).



Since giving up the full weekly show, I’ve continued Folk Roots/Folk Branches as half-hour feature segments that are heard occasionally on CKUT.



I’ll be using the blog for annotated playlists for the Folk Roots/Folk Branches features and for CD and concert reviews, concert suggestions, news views and miscellaneous commentaries. I’m hoping to post at least once or twice a week, sometimes maybe more. So please check back often and spread the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment