Saturday, September 24, 2011

Jesse Winchester update

Back in July, I reported that my old friend Jesse Winchester had cancelled his concert bookings after being diagnosed with cancer of the esophagus.

Some good news! After rounds of chemotherapy and radiation, and surgery last week, Jesse is now cancer-free and on the road to recovery.

Cindy Winchester, Jesse’s wife, has been keeping folks up-to-date with Jesse’s progress on his Caring Bridge site. You can also leave messages for Jesse (and Cindy) there.

--Mike Regenstreif

2 comments:

  1. That's terrific. From his first album onward I've always admired Jesse's songwriting as well as his voice. I remember seeing him years ago in Easton MA on a double bill with Guy Clark. Amazing. If he gets to touring again I hope that happens in the Boston area. Thanks for the update on his health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news! I booked Jesse years ago to headline a night concert at the Northern Lights Festival in Sudbury, where he put on a stellar performance. Then I booked him for a return engagement as part of the festival's winter concert series, but the gig was cancelled when he took a previous hiatus from performing.
    I hope he once again returns to the stage.

    ReplyDelete