Monday, September 19, 2011

Sing Out! Magazine – Summer 2011

My copy of the Summer 2011 issue of Sing Out! Magazine arrived today (just in the nick of time before summer officially fades into fall this week. The cover story is about the David Wax Museum, a band I met last month when they were part of a workshop I hosted at the Ottawa Folk Festival.

As usual, this issue of Sing Out! has some of my writing including a book review of Woody Guthrie: American Radical by Will Kaufman, and a bunch of CD reviews:

Rory BlockShake ‘Em On Down: A Tribute to Mississippi Fred McDowell
Jonathan ByrdCackalack
Hal CannonHal Cannon
Patti CaseyThe Heart of a Waiting Boy
Rachel HarringtonCelilo Falls
Diana JonesHigh Atmosphere
Buddy MillerBuddy Miller’s The Majestic Silver Strings
Job PotterJob Potter
Danny SchmidtMan of Many Moons
The Wailin’ JennysBright Morning Stars
Tim WilliamsWhen I was a Cowboy.

--Mike Regenstreif

No comments:

Post a Comment