Friday, January 17, 2014

Ottawa folk alert: Missy Burgess, Russ Kelley and Bruce Murdoch concert – January 22 at Irene's



For folks in the Ottawa area, it’s going to be a great evening on Wednesday, January 22 at 8:00 pm when three friends of mine who happen to be great singer-songwriters – Missy Burgess, Russ Kelley and Bruce Murdoch – do a concert in the round (and I get to host the evening and introduce them).

Although I already knew of her by reputation, I first Missy when I moved to Ottawa in 2007. Russ, Bruce and I go back 40-plus years to the Montreal folk scene of the late-1960s and ‘70s.

Bruce Murdoch, by the way, headlined the first concert I ever produced in Montreal back in 1972 and was the first performer I booked at the Golem when I took over there in 1974.




The concert takes place at Irene’s, 885 Bank Street in the Glebe.

Find me on Twitter. twitter.com/@mikeregenstreif

And on Facebook. facebook.com/mikeregenstreif

--Mike Regenstreif

No comments:

Post a Comment